Sunday, June 8, 2008

Aaaaaaaah...lmost summer!

The finals have been given, the party has been given, the diplomas have been given. The grades...not so much! I still have one more set of finals to grade today and then I calculate the grades and post them by tomorrow at 10. That was the deadline I set for myself.

I did take yesterday off to relax and imagine what summer will be like. After a little bit of cleanup of after-party mess, I took a nap, I read blogs, (see blog addiction list, right) I knitted. I am working on baby booties for a colleague of the dear husband. I already made little baby socks from tofutsies I had leftover. Now I am doing boots from cotton chenile I had left over. I hate knitting with this!! It has no stretch and it constantly gets caught on itself. One bootie is done and I need to start the second. They are cute though, and don't take long, so it is worth the effort to knit with this yarn. I will post pictures when they are done.

A new project
Oh yes, I needed a new one, didn't I! (My screen name on Ravelry is 1hundredprojects!) It actually is something I found on Ravelry--a group is reading Don Quixote! I have wanted to reread this for awhile and now I have some company. An online book group. No wine, no potluck, but on the other hand it has definite advantages! So I went to Librivox to get the free audio book version. (Girls in college--you might want to check this out!) Librivox has public domain books, so mostly old classics. They are read by volunteers so for DQ it is not the same reader for each chapter (the readers on audible are voice actors and are better--but not free). But it will help me catch up to the group. And maybe by using the audio book I can also have some time to read it in Spanish. That way it ties into my Spanish fluency project!

No comments: