Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Health Again...

Last week I wore a 24 hour blood pressure monitor to try to get to the bottom of the elevated blood pressure readings I had in early December. I went in yesterday to get the results. When they took my blood pressure upon entrance it was normal for the first time since I had been at the doctor. Then the doc came in and showed me the results of the 24 hours. My average bp for the whole 24 hours and for the waking time were both in normal range! The week before I had found that I had great HDL and good LDL and all the other blood work was normal, too.

Was it the walking that I have been diligent about since the hospital visit? Was it the Christmas vacation and ban on work email? Was it that I have blood pressure test anxiety (what the doc called "white coat syndrome")? Don't know. Why did I have the episode that felt like a heart attack? Don't know. I am calling it a wake up call from my body. "Hey! You aren't young anymore! Take better care of yourself! Hey! Are you listening to me? It has to be consistent because you aren't young anymore!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm VERY HAPPY Kelly is healthy! DH