I just finished reading Lester Rowntree's book Hardy Californians. She started her career as a traveling native plant explorer at the age of 50 and lived to be 100. The Town Mouse Country Mouse Blog talks about her this week. It gives a new meaning to the second career.
Then I go to one of the many weaving blogs I browse and I find out about Sir Ranulph Fiennes, 65, who just summited Mount Everest. Among his other accomplishments, running 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days only 4 months after suffering a heart attack. A little crazy, I think, but very cool!
3 comments:
Kelly, When the title of your email was, "Go Old People", I thought you were going to tell us your Mom and Dennis(not that they're old) went on their first outing in the motor home.
Ha ha! How about, not so old people on the go!
Ya my dad is 93 and going strong so I am for sure preparing for my next career. Thanks for coming by to read our blog, and I'm glad I know of yours now - it takes me a while to get out and around especially as I'm weeding like mad right now every available minute. I read some of your earlier posts with pleasure - love your old dog, love the little steps you put in - I'm going to have to do a post about some steps I made last year - somewhat similar to yours. I love working in stone. See you round the blogosphere!
Post a Comment