Ok, so you've seen the green in the new bathroom and the green with tan trim in the bedroom. Of course as you start painting you run into the need to look at the rest of the house. The hallway/mudroom between the bedroom and the main house was painted the same green as the bathroom, but the trim needed to be something that would go with the rest of the house. Also, the upstairs mezzanine has been replastered and needs to be painted. That color will also have to coordinate with the rest of the house since it is totally open to the stairway. So the paint color decisions for the rest of the house began. Here is the list (and HERE is a link to a website where you can see the colors. The color will vary, depending on your monitor so it might not be a true representation, but it will give you an idea.)
Trim color (throughout): Old White
Mezzanine color: Orangerie
Entry hall: Ointment Pink
Living room: Dead Salmon
Dining room: Eating Room Red
Don't know the kitchen paint color yet, but between the floor, counter, paint and accents there will be the red, the orange (maybe a little stronger orange), breakfast room green and an eggplant color, of course. Color is so much fun! I can' t wait to be through with the yellowy beige that is everywhere in the house. Of course, I also realize the change won't be instant. It will take time to get all of it painted. But finally feeling like I have the right colors is a start!
The colorway that results from putting them all together (minus the bright kitchen colors) reminds me of a central coast dune covered with coastal scrub plants. A little pinkish tinted brown, a little grey, a little purplish brown, and a few poppies thrown in for good measure. I guess the red doesn't really have a counterpart in the coastal landscape, but it is a nice color anyway!
3 comments:
Kelly, honestly! I thought you were kidding with those names! I actually went and looked them up, and nope, there you go... The colors are great, and maybe the names are more of a draw than not! I mean, who doesn't want to claim their gallon of Dead Salmon or Ointment Pink?
Kelly, I was a little shocked when I read your list this morning. I was in a hurry so didn't look up the colors, just thought OK??? Well, I just looked up the colors, and OK! I can hardly wait to see the finished project.
Yes, the Farrow and Ball names are really strange. And strangely appealing! I really liked the name Elephant Breath, but it just didn't fit in the color scheme!
Post a Comment