I'm sure I'll need more than one century of life to do all the things I want to do! Welcome to the blog for my first century's activities.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
What styrofoam is good for...
Styrofoam lasts forever in the landfill. So, that styrofoam cup that held your coffee, or the styrofoam container for your burger or your leftovers will be around long after you are gone. This is not good. On the other hand, I hope my house lasts long after I am gone. So styrofoam is a perfect building material. Green? Maybe not. But then again, no trees were harmed in the making of this molding! (Click on the second picture to make it bigger and you can really see that it is made of styrofoam! I couldn't believe it when I first saw it!)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
After we bought our house, I was surprised to find out that parts of it were made out of stryofoam.
Looks like your styrofoam will be molding on the outside of the house. Are they going to spray stuco over it?
Looks like you are getting really close to the end of this project.
Our neighbors had this done on the outside of their house recently, and it was stuccoed over...it looks great!
I LOVE the new banner picture for your blog. :)
The plasterers are coming later this week (if it stops raining!) and they will plaster over it. The molding will be smooth like the other (wood) molding on the house-not stucco like the house exterior. The one picture shows the old molding on the tall part of the house and the new molding on the shorter part.
Post a Comment