This old girl!

She watched intently as I shelled them, hoping for a handout...


She knew there would be a payoff!


The bowl above is the result of the first shelling (I lightly steamed them later and popped their skins off, then mixed with chopped shallots and a little grated carrot and dressed with V&O. It made a nice salad. However, someone at the potluck lunch informed us that some people are deathly allergic to favas. Someone asked how they would know if they were allergic since they had never had them before. That resulted in a couple of people leaving the salad to lie quietly on their plate! Note the warning on the bottom of t
his Fava Bean recipe page).
Tap liked them so much she even tried the empty pods!
3 comments:
Who knew, something that looks so healthy could be so dangerous? The CSA growers should put a disclaimer in their veggie boxes! EE
Auntie Bea likes Fava beans
Me too! I even like them raw, like Tap. But I like the skins off. And I definitely don't like the pods!
Post a Comment