Here is a picture of the area as you came around the corner. Please note that this picture was part of the realtor's collection of photos. Also note that angle and cropping are everything in garden photos!!!!

Here is another picture of the area that is not quite so flattering. I took this one and it shows a little more of the overgrown quality. But you can see that there is a "secret garden" quality to the area.
This picture is from the other side of the area, but notice you are seeing the same living room windows. Note the ivy covering EVERYTHING!!!! Although if you just move in a little closer you can see that the camelias are large and old and the area has definite charm!

I didn't find any pictures from just before the construction started, but we had removed ivy and a few suckering trees, as well as the wildly out of place volunteer palm tree whose fronds you can see on the right of the above photo . I had discovered that there was an old quince under the ivy just opposite the camelias, I had planted under the camelias, (an oak leaf hydrangea, for example)
But then... construction destruction!
He is putting in a small stone patio that will define a seating area. I never knew there was so much preparation work involved in laying stone.
2 comments:
Actually, the stone patio base is 6inches of compacted 3/4" class II aggragate ( 3/4" angular rock size down to a powder dust for excellent compaction) and 3 inches of compacted construction sand. The stones will be from the pallet of stones I purchased a couple of years ago. I think this "secret garden" will be quite nice. I'm looking forward to sitting in the patio chair (from Mom/D), enjoying the company of my wife, and drinking a margarita. EE
Holy cow Moose! You'll have earned that margarita after you finish that patio! I guess that's where I go horribly wrong...I can't just lay down some bricks? hmmmm...must make a note.
Post a Comment