Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall Cleaning

I am not much of a housekeeper, as EE could tell you. While he thinks washing walls is a normal part of cleaning the house, I wouldn't think of washing what look like perfectly clean (?) walls even during spring cleaning! To him, the dishes aren't really DONE unless the sink and stove and preferably, the floor, have all been washed. So I can imagine if you thinking this post is NOT about my house cleaning adventures. Talk about BORING BLOGGING!!!

No, fall cleaning (Happy Equinox, by the way!) is in the yard. It has started here in preparation for winter. Pruning of some bushes, spreading of the wildflower seed heads, moving plants that turned out to be in the wrong place, endless weed pulling before they go to seed, and the desperate race to cover the dirt with wood chips before it rains and becomes mud for dog feet! Luckily we still have a small pile of chips from spring 2008's cypress tree removal.

So that is what I did Saturday morning before the Stanford game, all day Sunday, and even yesterday morning before work. Not finished, by a long shot, but it was a good start on the fall garden "chores" before it was even officially fall. The other thing I did yesterday was a little desk cleaning. I have had the application for the Master Gardener program on my desk since last spring. I finally filled it out and will be mailing it today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not very funny!! EE

Mia's Classroom said...

ha! haha! I blog about cleaning house all the time! BORING!! LOL Much rather 'clean' in the yard, any time! :)

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

OK Ms. Kelly The First Century,this is your Old Aunt Pat in the end of her last century, and your taking a break from your blog makes me very sad. And you blocked the comments? I look forward to your adventures with your projects, inside and out. You always give the bad with the good, and I don't think that can be considered boasting. Looking forwad to seeing your blog active again.