Saturday, October 10, 2009

Art in the Home

I have painting collection that I love. It includes 3 paintings of whimsical farm animals by a somewhat local artist named Nancy Hanna. (Apparently she has zero web presence--unable to find any link to her or her art). It also includes one painting by my father. I have been told there is a blank canvas with my name on it in the supplies of my artist niece! So my collection will grow slowly.

I read this morning on another site that the White House comes with its own art collection. Presidents get to select from among the Smithsonian's collection for the paintings that are displayed in their temporary home! Wouldn't you like to have that collection to choose from! Besides having choices that a private citizen wouldn't have, since it is only temporary you wouldn't have to worry whether it was something you wanted to look at every day for the rest of your life! Click here to take a look at what the Obamas chose.

No comments: