Sunday, October 4, 2009

Do You Want to be Adopted?

I saw this online this morning after reading an article on NPR...

"Pick one or more of the liberals from the list we have posted online at www.LC.org, or choose your own liberal(s) to adopt...Please pray daily for the liberal(s) of your choice, so each can become a good influence on our Nation's culture. Prayer is powerful! It allows God to change the minds of those for whom we are praying. In fact, we fully expect that many of our adoptees will "graduate" from this prayer program with vivid testimonies of God having changed their lives and worldviews!"

They have names and pictures of politicians, but then there is:

"The 'Unknown Liberal'

There will likely be additional liberals the Lord may bring to mind who desperately need your prayers. Feel free to select your own unique liberal and adopt them for prayer"

With a picture!
Now come one. Even if you are conservative (and I do have some conservative friends and family--some of my best friends are conservative!) don't you find this amusing?! But it gets funnier!

Liberty Counsel has a plan to develop trading cards with photos and stats! Now one could be a card carrying liberal and be carrying your own trading card!!!! The Massachussets Congressman Barney Frank had this to say in the NPR article,
"In other words, if people got one of me, they could trade for, like, 11 Hillary Clintons and three Arnold Schwarzeneggers?"

Thanks Liberty Counsel for giving me something really worthwhile to talk about in my first post-hiatus blog post! I haven't stopped chuckling since I first read the article. Maybe that's the first sign of a change of world view!

1 comment:

Mia's Classroom said...

I didn't know my soul needed saving, but if it does, I'm hopeful someone from Latter Day Saints can do the deed. They seem like nice folks.