Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Back to Normal

Teaching started yesterday.

I had a great day! I started learning to use an online "class companion" as a repository for handouts, a place to put self-check quizzes that I want students to do as part of their homework, a bibliography of websites that I think are useful, etc. I also used some time to do research for the grant project director half of my job. (This is the new job I got that led to the new office.) It has been a long time since I felt like I had time to 1) do research and 2) learn new technology. I had so much fun that I stayed until after five!

On the other hand, the videoteleconference equipment is on the fritz and I have to have my vtc class this morning using the portable equipment. With technology you have to have Plan B (and sometimes Plans C-F, too)!

Now my goal is to establish my spring semester routine. I love routine. It is very soothing to me. On the other hand, my level of self-discipline is lower than I would like. So sometimes the routine gets all pulled out of shape. This semester I will have walking as part of my routine since I am training for Big Sur. This year I will be fully ready when the end of April arrives!

I'll let you know how it goes. Or maybe I won't!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would really really like it if you had a routine,too. It's healthier for you and I want you to be healthy! EE

Marsha said...

Please don't be too prepared for Big Sur. If I'm counting correctly I only have 13 weeks to train. Plus subtract spring break and a week of laying on a beach in Mexico. Poor me. ;-) Think I'll be ready?