Friday, July 16, 2010

Thank you, thank you...and the award goes to....

I got an award! The Versatile Blogger Award! It is one of those round robin awards that bloggers have. You get it from someone who likes your blog and then pass it along to someone else. I got it from Mia. She very correctly says that "Versatile Blogger" is a nice way to say lacking focus! Ha ha! I got a good laugh out of that! In fact, I put off blogging for months because I couldn't think of a clever blog name that didn't restrict me to only one of my interests. I finally came up with a name that kind of emphasizes my lack of focus, er, I mean versatility!

The award carries a heavy load of responsibility ;-) Here are the rules as reported by Mia: the rules for this award are simple. Thank the person who gave you the award, tell seven things about yourself and pass the award along to some bloggers you love. The thanking part is easy. Thanks Mia! I know most of my readers (my family) also love Mia's blog. I see them comment there, and they talk about Mia when I see them in person. I also know who I am going to pass this along to (see below). But 7 things about myself that people don't already know? That's hard. My readers are mostly my family, I have been posting for 319 posts, most of my posts are pretty wordy, what do you still need to know? I have been thinking on this for a week and still don't know, but here goes...
  1. Although I have always thought myself unique, I am really a cliche! In the blogging world, I have discovered so many of us. Middle-aged (yikes, really?) women who do fiber-arts, garden some, take pictures of their plants, have chickens and/or bees, like garden birds, and occasionally blog about home improvement projects. I find this comforting but a little disconcerting...
  2. I like horoscopes, have gone through periods where I read my horoscope every day and will surf several sites looking for the horoscope I like the best.
  3. Fall is my favorite season.
  4. Although I am not "girlie," I think it would be nice to be one of those women with a "signature perfume."
  5. January is my hardest month. I think the new year should either start in fall or in spring. Why we start the new year in January when NOTHING is happening in the natural world is a mystery to me.
  6. A part of me secretly wishes I wasn't opposed to high heels. On the other hand, the older I get, the more this is a moot point! Even if I was allowed to have and wear them, I don't think I would have much opportunity or desire to do so.
  7. I believe in being in a rut. As long as you really like the rut you are in, there is no need to get out!
Ok, so now I get to pass along the award. I am passing it along to...Life Looms Large.

3 comments:

Mia's Classroom said...

Thanks, Kelly, I love your list! I have to ask (because I'm an amateur horoscope-ologist myself :)...are you and Moose supposedly compatible? Because I'm Sag and Erik is Scorpio. You may be aware that this is a recipe for disaster! We should totally not work ~ in fact, should you read anything about the compatibility of these two signs, the descriptions completely match us. Every sentence is totally true, except the one that says "this won't work". Isn't that too weird? How could they be right about everything except the most important one?

Kelly said...

Ha ha! Check out the yahoo astrology compatibility report. You might like what they say about Scorpio and Sagittarius. "Once they open up to one another and to appreciate their different philosophies in love and in life, these two have potential for steamy relations, deep connections and heartfelt respect." That doesn't sound too bad! See, I'm a good horoscope shopper and can always find a good one!

Libra and Aquarius are a pretty good match, according to most of what I have read. For example, "will not require more of one another than they're both willing to give," and "ability to work together as a team."

Mia's Classroom said...

Ohhh, I like your style! I think that description suits us very well, and you know what? I'm going with that one. :)