I think it is ironic that in a country that has no respect for labor, we celebrate Labor Day. Labor. As in labor unions. That's what the labor in labor day stands for.
Teacher's unions, in particular, are being blamed for the state of education in the US today. Teacher's unions are blamed in states like California that didn't get the federal school reform grants. They are blamed for low test scores, for bad teachers (as if there are no bad employees in non-union jobs!), for poor student performance. Other unions are under attack as well. Union is a dirty word in most of this country these days.
But I won't go on with my rant. I will just say this: People who don't believe in unions shouldn't have a three day weekend. No beer, no barbeque, no end of summer celebration. So there!
1 comment:
WE AGREE!!! So here's to the beer, the barbeque, and the end of the year celebration. GO KELLY!
Post a Comment