Friday, December 10, 2010

Commenting on other blogs

For quite awhile I have been unable to comment on some other blogs. :-( Specifically, the ones that don't have full page comments. Mia's blog and Three Sister's blogs, for example. Other blogs that have their settings set for full page comments seem to be ok and I am able to comment on them. (Town Mouse, Country Mouse, for example).

In the Settings tab, there is a section for setting the settings for comments. In the settings for comments, there is this portion and this is how my blog is set up.



The embedded comment form can not be used if you have Post Pages disabled.

On the other blogs, the button is set a different way so that comments are in a pop up window or embedded below the post. For some reason, I can't post comments to those blogs. Not from my home computer, and not from my work computer. Both are using Firefox. Maybe that is why? (Nope. I tried with Safari and couldn't comment that way either.) I don't know. I used to like commenting, though so I am urging the Three Sisters and Mia to change their comment settings to "full page" so I (and the others who use this computer) can once again leave comments! I hope it works! If you change your settings, let me know and I will try to comment!

4 comments:

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

Kelly, my posting was on disabled so I changed it. That's the only thing I saw possible. When going back on the site, my comment box was still small.

Kelly said...

Ok. Now it is working fine. Like so much with computers, magic just happened. I can post on Mia's blog too. Did they both change something that needed to be changed? Did my blogging about it make the computer finally behave? Was it user error all along? Doesn't matter! I can comment again! Thanks to whoever/whatever it was!!!

Mia's Classroom said...

Hi Kelly, I just saw this and was going to make the change, but checked the comments HERE for some reason and...well...what the heck?! You seem to have created some kind of blogging vortex where the universe submits to your will when you write a post about it. It's the only reasonable explanation. haha!!!

Kelly said...

"submitting to my will"

I love that! I want that to happen everywhere!