On that subject: I worked on putting away Christmas most of yesterday. I still have more to do today--the tree, the outside lights, the vacuuming of needles...
In the course of putting away stuff, I tossed some wrapping supplies that were past their "best by" date and identified a small bag of items that can be donated. I guess the Christmas stuff is hard to downsize. Still, when it takes more than one day to put away Christmas, doesn't that mean there is too much? On a related note, when you can't put it all out in one day and then you just leave it in the boxes piled in the studio all through December, maybe that also means there is too much.
If I'd had kids when my mom did, they would be grown and I could give them some of this crap, I mean heirloom Christmas decor. Hmmm.... Three grown nieces....
6 comments:
The secret is not to put so much out. Last year we were on vacation until just days before Christmas, so the tree was about it. This year, I'm on my third day of putting away decorations. As for handing off decorations to the "children", they DON'T WANT THEM!
Oh come on! My Christmas crap, I mean heirlooms, are great!
Hey I'm the queen of Christmas crap!!!And those nieces are my grandchildren who probably want no part of any of it! ;-(
My mom had the Christmas all decked out with SIX trees and crap uh decorations and lights everywhere, and right before New Year's she said, "Well, I guess I'll clean out the shed before I put all this away; I still have three more trees out there!" Holy cow! I guess that stuff must skip a generation, because I do a tree and.... not much else. :)
I'm so relieved that you saw through all the 'glitches' for your presents! They look beautiful on the table and I got a lovely card from you. We miss you!
Mia the table runner is gorgeous. Applique is a nightmare for me. Maybe one day I'll master it.NOT! Your mom sounds like me I had trees that didn't come out this year also.I think at this point I do not know whats out there hidden away in boxes.Every year I vow in the summer I will take it all out and downsize but then there are so many fun things to do in summer...and there you go.I am a Christmas deco addict.
I thought I dreaded putting away decorations more than anyone, but I didn't call it Christmas Crap so guess I'm not the worst. It's all put away now and the house seems kind of bare. Like retail, I've already started dragging out Valentines Day.
Post a Comment