Saturday, April 30, 2011

War on Democracy

In Michigan governor-appointed "emergency managers" are being given broad powers to take over from locally elected officials. Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana...all have been attempting to do the same thing. Astounding. Here is an actual quote from from an editorial in the Kalamazoo Gazette. The author of the article is in support of the emergency managers.
"What's worse for Benton Harbor: A financial manager with dictatorial powers or an utterly dysfunctional city government?"
Yes... Here in America we prefer dictatorship over dysfunction. Really???? Sad... Maybe there needs to be a little more history and political science in the schools. Oh wait, I forgot, they're too busy trying not to leave any child behind...

p.s. If you wonder why I am thinking about politics on a Saturday morning, I didn't really mean to. I was reading my garden blogs and came across this post on Garden Rant. I am now going back to read about happier things!

No comments: