Friday, May 27, 2011

I guess you know what I'm doing...

We interrupt our sporadic blog posting with an update.

It is now final exam week. I may come up for air soon! Thursday is the last day of finals and I hope to be done grading before the faculty party. (Which by the way won't be at my house this year. At a dark, smelly restaurant instead. Only 10 bottles of wine served. Are you kidding?????? A few people will stop by to enjoy the backyard after making an appearance at the party.)

No news on the application. I submitted it last Wednesday. They were supposed to start paper screening this week, but the committees are still in the process of being formed, so things will take longer than they said on the website. I'm not surprised. The beauty of being an internal candidate is that you know the culture of the organization and the culture of this one is to project way optimistic dates and then miss them by weeks!

2 comments:

Carol said...

ooooh someone is cranky!

Kelly said...

Ha ha! I thought, what? No, I'm not. Why does she think that? Then I reread and compared to today--the start of an empty three day weekend. Wow what a difference I feel! Yes, mother knows best! I was!