Thursday, December 1, 2011

Capturing my Mood Exactly

It wasn't the topic that gave me "the mood," but this post on Garden Rant captures my mood exactly.  Below is an excerpt and I hope you are intrigued enough to click here and read the entire thing.  So tired of "spin" and using a sound byte with a grain of truth to misdirect the attention of the public so that they agree with things that sound crazy when you know the whole story. (And I'm not talking about national politics here--I gave up on that a long time ago.)


"It's pathetic.  And even though it doesn't matter what I think, and even though nobody's listening, I would just like to say for the record that I am in favor of farmers tending to their fields of living green things.  And I am in favor of some of us--not all of us, you certainly don't have to, but some of us--bringing fragrant evergreen boughs indoors in December.

But most of all?  I am in favor of small groups of farmers or other businesspeople coming together and organizing and creating a plan that will allow them to work and grow and prosper.  That just sounds so very American.  It seems like only a crazy person would object to that.

And that's precisely what happened."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked that silly, live Christmas tree.

Kelly said...

Me too. Before I read the caption I thought, wow, nice elegant tree!