I had my last long workout on Sunday. I walked (trudged) what felt like an all uphill 25 miles of the Ohlone Wilderness trail! Mom and D dropped me off at Sunol and picked me up 8 or do hours later at Del Valle lake in Livermore. The trail was beautiful, but in places I can tell you that I didn't notice or care!
There must have been more downhill parts than I noticed, since the trail starts and ends at roughly the same elevation. My quads are my sorest muscles, and those are what you use for downhill, so there was some significant descent. I sort of perfected a skipping technique for going downhill fast with less knee pain. :-) Maybe that's why the downhill is mostly erased from my memory! I only took a few pictures. They look a lot like the others even though 11 miles of the walk was terrain I hadn't covered before. I've seen the whole course now. I taper for 3 weeks with nothing longer than 10 miles then I'll be ready for the whole thing all at once!





3 comments:
The orange wildflower does look alot like the one in my yard. Cousins perhaps?
The dark orange one is a wild columbine! I took that picture for D. Not sure what happened to the picture of the seep monkeyflower that I thought I took!
To me, this looks like the prettiest part of the walk.
Post a Comment