Today was my last day in the interim administrative position I have been in. Tomorrow I will go to work doing the same job running over $2M worth of federal grants, but I will be back as faculty, no longer being involved in administrative meetings and decision-making or part of the administrative communication loop. The one comment that I will make here is this:
The only people who thanked me for my work, said how much they appreciated what I did, or expressed regret that I wouldn't continue in my administrative capacity were faculty and classified and custodial staff. 'nuf said.
2 comments:
Welcome back!
Well, Kelly, then you can sleep well knowing one very important thing: you did it right. Those are the people who matter, because those are the people who touch your students every single day. If they felt you, so did your students. Big deal, and job well done. Now start planning next summer's vacation. :)
Post a Comment