Thursday, August 30, 2012

Election Politics

I find so much of what I hear related to the election depressing.  At least this made me laugh!




What doesn't make me laugh are the lies, stretched truths and misdirections.  I'm not claiming it doesn't happen on both sides, but here's an example from one of NPR's regular "fact checker" series.

Here's one example of what was in today's article about VP candidate Ryan:
"The Wisconsin congressman earned a "false" rating from PolitiFact.com on one statement. He got it for noting that then-candidate Barack Obama told the people of Janesville, Wis. (Ryan's home town) that the GM plant there would be open another 100 years if the government gave it the right support. "That plant didn't last another year," Ryan said, implying that Obama broke a promise. Ryan didn't say that the plant actually closed in 2008, before Obama took office."

No comments: