Thursday, September 20, 2012

Why Doesn't it Stick?

I walked 31 miles.  I trained for months on hills.  I wore myself out every weekend.  So when I decided to start an exercise class I thought I would be prepared!  Hmmmmm.  Seems like exercise I did 4 months ago just doesn't stick!  My body has the attitude, "What have you done for me lately?"  It sure seemed like exercise stuck better when I was younger.  Must be that 5% of muscle that we lose every year after age 35.  Mine is apparently flushing away like a tide (or a toilet!).  Seems so unfair that I can't rest on my laurels after the 31 miler!  Yeah, my one and only 31 miler--it  should have made me immune to aging.  Ha ha! Those hard core ultra runners in their 60s at the Ohlone could have told me a thing or two, I guess.  ;-)

Oh well, the class is fun.  It's been a long time since I have taken an exercise class.  I used to really enjoy my class at the Y after working at the Sheraton in Spokane.  (A looooooooooong time ago!) It was what I looked forward to all day.  I went to Jazzercise with the Aunt when I first lived here and I have gone to classes with my mom, as well.  I've been to classes at this Y before, when I first had my membership.  Then, I got away from it.

But now I am (somewhat) at a point of new beginnings.  So I am doing something new.  I planned to take the Zumba class, but didn't want to wait for that class and maybe lose my momentum.  So I went to the class that was right after work.  Yikes!  I've been twice and I am very sore!  Fun, though.  I walk home from class all quivery muscles so I'm hoping to see some results soon! 

3 comments:

Mia said...

lmao huh?

Mia said...

ohhhh! the first time i read this, there was only the title "why doesn't it stick" and there was no text coming up! i had NO IDEA what you were referring to, but the mind, it wanders lol

Kelly said...

Ha ha! I'm guessing my post is not quite as funny as your imagination ;-)