I love BIG plants. I love NEW plants--ones I've never seen before. I also love plants that don't mind neglect. So here is my new favorite plant!
I can't find the plant tag (the plant was about 2 feet tall when I planted it last fall) since it's somewhere under all that blooming and I don't remember the exact name, but it is some kind of Montanoa. I googled, and true to my form, found that one variety of "daisy tree" is a noxious weed in some other state. Big and surviving neglect can be synonymous with noxious weed, I guess!
My new second favorite plant is also a late bloomer. Not quite as late as the Montanoa, it's finishing up now.
This is a Tree Dahlia. Dahlia Imperialis. I also got this one last fall. It was kind of a straggly specimen left behind at the master garden tour plant sale. It's not as hearty as the other one, but next year it may reach its full glory!





1 comment:
Oh! WEEDS!
Post a Comment