Yesterday El Esposo sent me these photos of the top of the garage! From the sunroom window he had seen something lying on the edge of the garage roof. He got a ladder and went out to look more closely.
Fox in sox was napping in the sun.
We had heard from a neighbor that there was a fox in the neighborhood. He had seen it napping on the roof of his shed. That explains the recent plantings that have been dug up. Unfortunately it also explains the fleas that don't seem to be affected by Frontline.
This morning I got up early (couldn't sleep, so just got up to make coffee when I realized it was almost 5). As I was sitting here at the dining room table playing on the computer, who should walk down the sidewalk in front of the house? Mr/Ms Foxy! I went to the window to look out as Fox came up onto the lawn digging grubs in the grass. It was a little spooked by cars going by on the street, but didn't seem at all concerned to be watched from the house. It was still dark outside, so I was clearly visible in the lit window.
After a little research, I think it is a gray fox (although red fox can also be gray--the color is pretty variable). They are the fox species that can climb trees (how else could it have gotten on the garage roof?). It isn't as uncommon as I thought for them to be seen in urban areas. But walking down the sidewalk???? I live in an interesting neighborhood!



No comments:
Post a Comment