Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My first blog post!

So, I have wanted a blog for awhile but two things were stopping me. First, I typically feel as though I am too busy living my life to write about it. And second I couldn't come up with a name that I liked. I would do the registration, get to the part where I had to choose a name and then I would hesitate. I would think of names and discard them until finally I would get disgusted at the amount of time I was spending on something as useless as a blog title! So, no blog. Until tonight!

I don't know how often I will be able to post. I will try to do something fairly regularly. By regularly I mean at even intervals, not necessarily often. I don't want to commit to something I cannot follow through on. If the road to hell is paved with good intentions, then I have a 6 lane freeway with commuter express lanes. I don't need a blog to be one more promise unfulfilled. But I think this will be fun and I hope that friends and family will visit as regularly as I post (!) and start a conversation--or their own blog! Dueling blogs--now that would be kind of fun!

Now, for some sad news. One of the huge cypresses in the yard, the one in the northwest corner, has to come down. It is a two-trunked giant and there is a split between the two trunks. The arborist described it as two trees leaning outwards with their backs at each other, holding each other up. They used to be connected at the base supporting each other, but now they are just on their toes leaning outward. Not tied to the one behind at all. Very dangerous. The tree had been making creaking noises for awhile, but I didn't realize that was a dangerous sound. So, one of the landmark trees will be coming down. The crew tied the two trunks together to stabilize and started to take down the lateral branches. Very sad.

No comments: