Coming up: Big Sur pictures and Conference of Northern California Handweavers
(But first I have to figure out how to post pictures on the blog, not to mention downloading my pics to the computer!)
Today's topic #1: What I am working on
Despite (or maybe because of) the frantic pace of work, I have several projects I am actively working on
- Colorful socks. Using Schaeffer yarn in the Ann colorway (I think) and using a slip stitch pattern to break up the variegated color. It is actually the "Flame Socks" pattern from the book Socks, Socks, Socks, but instead of using three yarn colors, I am just using this one variegated yarn. They are really fun, since the colors are pooling in really interesting ways and the slipped stitches create speckles in the color as well as a diagonal texture.
- Net lace shrug. I am using my handspun yarn (silk and cotton two-ply) to knit this shrug. I love how it is coming out! I am almost done with one skein and I am about one fourth to one third done. I have another skein ready to go and then after that I will have to spin more yarn. Actually that brings me to the next...
- Cotton/Silk spinning. I am really glad I went to CNCH and took the spinning workshops. I missed spinning. And I am really glad I decided to do this shrug (thanks Aunt Pat!--she saw a similar one at Stitches and liked it. I decided to make one.) because I had forgotton how much I liked this cotton silk fiber and yarn. This is one of many things hidden away in my studio for the last 2.5 years since we moved. I have about half a bobbin spun. It is pretty fine so it will take awhile to fill the bobbin. On the other hand, I was spinning pretty fast yesterday so a few days of concentrated spinning could get me pretty far.
I also have a couple projects that are in my bag, but that lately I have been passing over in favor of the ones above:
- Cable socks. One of the socks is done, the second is started. These were originally started when Sarah graduated from High School. That was two years ago! The first sock languished on the needles when I got to the heel and couldn't figure out the cables. I fixed the problem earlier this year and finished sock 1 and started sock 2. But it takes concentration so I haven't picked them up in awhile.
- Lutea Lace shell. Here is a picture of it on someone else's blog. http://ahknits.typepad.com/knititude/lutea_lace_shoulder_shell/index.html I have the body done and I am ready to start the sleeves. I am a little worried that it is too big so I stopped until I am in the mood to analyze it and figure out if I like the way it fits, whether it needs a longer body, etc.
Wow, this is enlightening. I think I have project ADHD! Until I started writing them down it didn't seem as though I had so many in progress. Better go get work done so I can whittle away at this list!
No comments:
Post a Comment