Finally! I got the pictures put onto my website from the Relay for Life last Friday and Saturday. The weather was HOT but it was worth suffering record heat during the day in order to have a night that wasn't cold, damp and windy (the usual in Salinas). I walked 13.5 miles--not as far as last year, but I definitely am not shape for much more. Saundra did the same and she had not trained at all. But then again, she's just a kid!
The Hartnell teams raised about $4500 altogether. Not bad for a very loose level of organization. I'm already thinking about what I will do to make next year even better.
Coincidentally, the NPR website had a story about cancer survivors and the blog of one of their radio personalities who has cancer. Click here if you are interested.
2 comments:
Sounds like you all had lots of fun! Great to see pics of your husband and your aunt on your website too! I keep hearing about the short hair so.... are you going to post a pic sporting the new "do"?
Hey Jerilyn, click on "my website" for pic's.
Betty
Post a Comment