Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sleeping with Giants




The Giants game was terrible but the weather was great, the Polish dog and beer were good and the slumber party was lots of fun! Click here to see the website with all the photos!

The Dear Husband (aka shortstop with a big nose*) and I both watched all the Giants employees who were involved in putting on the event and decided that niece T should look into an internship or job with the Giants organization. All the employees looked happy and we can just picture her persuading companies to donate freebies for the goodie bags we all got, selling advertising space, organizing all these fun events and then running around with a walkie-talkie helping to make sure all is going smoothly. When I thought about working at the ballpark I used to only think about the vendors. "Hot dogs, get your hotdogs here!" But, really there are lots of "business major type" jobs that are just a BART ride across the bay! T are you listening????

Next Giants events? Stay tuned for pictures of Stitch and Pitch in July and Dog Days in August!

*In case you don't know this story: when we first met he was a high school shortstop and I found a Peanuts comic strip where one of them was asking about Snoopy, "Who is the shortstop with the big nose?" I gave it to him and that was the first time he realized his nose was big! The other SS with a big nose in the photo is Chris Spier from the 70s, in case you are wondering!

2 comments:

Jerilyn said...

Hi Kelly! I just found your blog (with the help from Sean's mom) and love the whole camping on the giants field thing...very fun!

Jerilyn

Anonymous said...

!La nariz grande! Muy bueno. Esposo