Marsha is coming to visit and when she left last summer she had two requests. (I always joke that we do home improvement projects with her visits as the motivation and deadline ;-) ) Fix the kitchen faucet that sprayed out like a firehose every time you turned it on, and get seat covers for the kitchen chairs. The vinyl is split and pokes you when you sit on it--especially in shorts! Well, I came home from the airport and checked out the faucet and discovered that the screen inside had been put in wrong, so that problem that had annoyed all of us (especially the Aunt who does dishes) was a simple fix. Who knew?
The seat covers took a little longer. But with her visit fast approaching I got busy with my wool and felting needles and the technique I learned this spring from
Tash Wesp at the weaving conference. Her work was amazing. Check it out by clicking on her name (it's a link). Anyway...here are my felt creations!

I really love them! I have only finished two and I have two more to go. They will have to wait until after Marsha's visit. Still deciding what other vegetables I can put with eggplant!
No comments:
Post a Comment