The window project that I didn't start the first summer and barely started last summer is now up and running again! Here is a picture from last summer when I was taking off the paint. (I know it is sideways--I don't have time to fix it! We are heading off for 4th of July with my father-in-law.) Yesterday I replaced three panes of glass and put in all the glazing putty. Oh, and before that I primed the window. Now I wait a week for the putty to cure and prime again and then I can paint it and replace it. Meanwhile, I will start on the next window (or two, if I can convince the husband that I should have more than two windows out of the house at a time!). It wasn't as easy as it looks on This Old House, but it wasn't as hard as I thought. Two years of not getting to it had made it turn into something much bigger than it was. (I find this happens to me a lot, you'd think I'd have learned this life lesson already!). So, about 1% of the window project is done! More pics when I actually paint and start stripping. Gotta go hit the holiday traffic! Happy fourth of July everyone from "The Window Woman."
I'm sure I'll need more than one century of life to do all the things I want to do! Welcome to the blog for my first century's activities.
Friday, July 4, 2008
Window Woman
The window project that I didn't start the first summer and barely started last summer is now up and running again! Here is a picture from last summer when I was taking off the paint. (I know it is sideways--I don't have time to fix it! We are heading off for 4th of July with my father-in-law.) Yesterday I replaced three panes of glass and put in all the glazing putty. Oh, and before that I primed the window. Now I wait a week for the putty to cure and prime again and then I can paint it and replace it. Meanwhile, I will start on the next window (or two, if I can convince the husband that I should have more than two windows out of the house at a time!). It wasn't as easy as it looks on This Old House, but it wasn't as hard as I thought. Two years of not getting to it had made it turn into something much bigger than it was. (I find this happens to me a lot, you'd think I'd have learned this life lesson already!). So, about 1% of the window project is done! More pics when I actually paint and start stripping. Gotta go hit the holiday traffic! Happy fourth of July everyone from "The Window Woman."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment