...love the movie Mamma Mia! Went to see the sing along version this past weekend. My only regret is that we didn't sit in the back row where we could have stood up and danced, too. Next time, we'll be in the back row! Even after seeing it 3 times I still can't figure out which number is my favorite.
I might even have to get the ABBA boxed set of CD's--or maybe the t-shirt! Did you know there is an online community of ABBA fans--over 160,000 of them and the band hasn't existed since the early 80s! Did you know that on this day in 1976: "Dancing Queen" went to No. 1 on the British singles chart. Check it out!
By the way, my Mamma Mia friends and I will be singing backup this Saturday for a band of my colleagues at a community barbecue! Not ABBA, though. Refugee, Love Shack, and I forget what else. Maybe someone will take video for the blog.... ;-)
5 comments:
I was thinking of coming to the BBQ and now know I will go. Miss the "Hotflashes" as backup, NEVER!! Alert: All Family members, it would be worth the price of gas to see these guys 8-)
See you Saturday, Aunt Betty
OMG OCD
This is your Mama Mia and I think its great you have the oppurtunity to sing along.Singing is healthy!!!
I bought the Abba "gold" cd and listened to it on the 29 hour drive from vancouver to west lafayette. I'm pretty sure cole hated me because him and his roommate jon would be trying to rest while i drove and i'd be up front dancing and singing to abba haha! you should definitely get the cd and a T-Shirt. I'm still trying to talk cole into going as Abba for halloween! he's not that into the idea...mostly cuz he doesn't wanna wear spandex or sequins lol! love Sarah
29 hours of ABBA! Wow! That is a lot! Well, I didn't get to sing back-up with "The Boys in the Band" because I was too busy serving strawberries and there were way more people there than expected. But I did hand over my strawberry job to go sing and dance in the audience to their last song. Wild Thing....You make my heart sing....You make everything.....GROOVY. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qHX493bB3U
Post a Comment