Sunday, September 21, 2008

Stanford vs. SJSU

This post is full of links. Remember, if text is green you can click on it to go to a webpage that I think is interesting.

Stanford won 23-10. I don't know much about football, but I know that the final score doesn't really reflect how it felt to watch the game. A quote on the game blog said it best, I think...

San Jose State Head Coach Dick Tomey: “The best team won. The team that played the best won. We did a horrible job of tackling in the second half an obviously our pass protection completely broke down....I would say were playing up there with a bunch of true sophomores, guys that have been in school just a little more than over a year. They’re getting better, but its just some tough lessons out there for those people that are young players, and they certainly let us have those lessons.”

The game blog is one of the links on this page which also has a news report of the game. What it doesn't say is that #8 caught two passes. He missed two others , but he would have caught them if they were thrown better! I'm sure even #40 thinks so. Check out his answer to the question about the most surprising offensive player. It's down near the bottom of the interview. A special thanks to the esposo guapisimo for leading me to the webpages where I found all this stuff! He is quite tech savvy for things that he is interested in ;-)

The game reports also fail to mention our fabulous tailgate party. No pictures of this one, but to see previous pictures go here. There was quite a crowd of #8's aunts, uncles, cousins, the sister and her boyfriend, the parents, parent's friends and friend's parents! The food was great, from the pulled pork sandwiches, to the Creole salad (Aunt's friend's recipe--couldn't find a link--will post if anyone wants it), and finishing up with Jen's cookies and some red vines at the game! My favorite brother (an SJSU fan) joined us at the game and felt right at home in the sea of blue and gold SJSU fans that sat near us.

¡Todos lo disfrutieron mucho!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The DH knows more than the DW thinks!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the Stanford vs UW game next weekend and visiting friends in Seattle- DH

Anonymous said...

We will be with you in spirit!!!GO CARDINAL! HBDH!