Thursday, October 30, 2008

Construction update

The water damage has been repaired and the openings have been recovered with wood and a "skin" of vapor barrier paper. The addition is coming along nicely. The foundation was poured last week and today the slab was poured.
Plumbing is in (including replumbing of the kitchen sink water source and the water line that was going from the house out to the garage has been cut (very damaged,corroded pipe) and the water has been temporarily rerouted until the esposo digs a trench and lays new pipe for this. He has been busily working on windows and scraping and painting the house trim around the windows. The sun room/bowling alley window went back in yesterday and the bathroom window is ready to go in next. What a guy! We won't have to go through a second winter with missing windows. He is much more diligent about getting things done than I am. Discipline is his strong suit and it makes us a good match!


Here are pictures from last week on Flickr. Since I am still learning how to use it I didn't downsize my pictures and I have used up the month's worth of space. I won't be able to post any more pictures on Flickr until mid November.
In case you're wondering about the perfect timing of the pouring of cement on the day that a three day rain storm is predicted to start, here is the way they protect their work.



No comments: