This past weekend we discovered something about the house. The sun room wasn't really a room when it was first built! The wall that separated it from the landing was added later. Now it is gone!
To see more of the process look at these pictures on Flickr!
Demolition is really therapeutic! But the clean-up is no fun.
Meanwhile, the repair of the water damage downstairs is almost done. Waiting for engineering to determine the size of the beam that is needed to replace the header that was holding up the upstairs. The cracks in the upstairs ceiling seen in the photos are partly due to the old beam being too water damaged to do its job of holding up the second story! Probably also due to an insufficient foundation below.
4 comments:
It looks soooo much better without the wall, more spacey and open I love it! that should be a library/sitting area. You should definitely have a library though, well maybe I have a little of an obsession with the idea of a library, lol. I can't wait to see it all come Thanksgiving :)
WOW It sure is surprising what a missing wall can do. I like it and agree with Alayna library/sunroom is a great idea.Mom
You have torn alot out since we visited on Sunday. Hope you can keep the momentum going... I look forward to seeing the end result.
Momentum? Keeping it going? We're done. The wall is gone. Oh yeah, there's still a hole in the floor to the outside and a big section of missing plaster and a huge crack in the ceiling that keeps raining down plaster as they work downstairs. And the floors should be washed so they aren't so white with plaster/sheetrock dust.
Hmmm, I guess maybe there is more work to be done!
Post a Comment