El Esposo's Aunt. She had called with some questions about a Craig's List find for her knitting fanatic daughter. It sounded good and I assured her I could put it together, even if it was just a box of sticks! So she got it and we headed up to get to work.
We had a great time visiting with his Aunt and Uncle and we did manage to get it all together!
It's a LeCLerc Inca Counterbalance Loom. It was only missing a crank handle for the back beam, the springs for the brake, and the advance lever that winds the cloth onto the cloth beam.
Had an email from the lucky recipient on Christmas day. Her dad took it all back apart once he saw how it went together and stained and finished it. He put on new cords for the counterbalance action and added the missing brake spring mechanism. The other parts have been ordered.
Can't wait to see a picture of the finished loom. Or maybe I will soon be showing her how to dress a loom and I can see it "in person." A knitting fanatic will soon be a weaving fanatic as well! You just can't have too many hobbies that involve YARN!
1 comment:
That picture of my mom is hilarious!
Looking at these pictures, Kel, you would not recognize the loom. They are still waiting for the parts from Canada, so it's still at their house...I went and pet it yesterday. :)
I can't wait! You and Mo...."Robert" should definitely come see it! And by "see" it I mean "show me what the hell" because I can't wait to get started!!!!
Thanks again, you guys are the best.
xoxo
Mia
Post a Comment