Thursday, January 15, 2009

I love gardening!

Spent most of the day chasing sun around the yard as I sat and read an Alex Delaware book (Gone, by Jonathan Kellerman). The weather has been incredible--today was the third or fourth day of unseasonable warmth. I soaked it up. I guess I can enjoy it even though we should really be having rain! When the book was finished I fiddled around with the plants, pruning a few things and doing some general clean-up work. I also planted a couple of vines that Mom sent home with me from her yard, and dug up a few things that were not happy in their current spot or too happy in their current spot. I also put the sprinkler on the fava beans--yes, the sprinkler. We do need some rain. The fava beans are starting to pop up and it has been so hot I wanted to make sure they had enough water.

Found this blog Town Mouse, Country Mouse that was started in December by two California native gardeners. I think it is an interesting blog and they post lots of pictures. I will put it in my blog list on the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job!Glad the beans are popping they are so much fun to watch grow inch by inch.Just ask D he heard everydays progress ha ha