Thursday, January 8, 2009

I love spinning!


Yesterday I polished my Wyatt wheel and spun on it for the first time in three years at least! Why so long? No idea. I haven't done a lot of spinning since we moved to this house three years ago. I used to spin while I watched TV and when we stopped having TV, the spinning really slowed down. Plus, the new house was a lot of work and at the same time, work got really busy. The few times when I did spin, I grabbed the L'il Herbie and spun on it--it is easy to take outside in the sun or in the car to a conference.
I also picked up the pace on knitting and weaving so that helps to explain it. A person can only do so many fiber arts at one time! (The pictures here come from the websites that I have linked to. Click the green to go to the sites and see more info about my wheels. One day soon I will post pictures of my recent spinning.)

So, in keeping with my big resolution to do more of the things I enjoy, I spent some time spinning today. I love spinning! I was spinning a grey fleece from a sheep named Charlotte. I bought her fleece at the fleece auction two years in a row. Didn't know it was the same sheep, but I know what I like and when I got the fleece home, discovered it was from the same sheep! I have made a vest (knitted) for El Esposo out of it and I am now spinning for a blanket. I will post pics one day soon. I am a long way from weaving the blanket, mostly I have a few skeins of finished yarn and lots of carded fleece.

No comments: