Sunday, January 11, 2009

I love weaving!

So that is what I am doing today! After polishing my Wyatt Wheel with Howard's Feed'n'Wax I moved on to my two floor looms. While polishing the Macomber behemoth (64" rather than the 54" that I mentioned in a recent post!) I figured out how to attach the two brake cables! The one for the extra warp beam was missing a wingnut, nut and washer which El Esposo acquired for me yesterday. The other one was all there and was just waiting for me to discover what to attach it to! While reacquainting myself with this loom I recalled that I still need to order treadle hooks and I reread the directions for the flying shuttle assembly. Also watched a video on youtube of someone weaving with one. Wow! That is some fast weaving!

Once the looms were cleaned and polished, it seemed natural that I had a case of startitis! What weaving project could I start? Never mind that there are at least four knitting projects in various stages of completion (I took pics of them the other night thinking of a future post)! So today I am weaving a quick project for the house. No pics yet, too busy enjoying the weaving.

If you want a visual treat you will have to settle for this video that an Irish Water Spaniel owner sent me of her white Christmas. You don't see dogs at first, but be patient.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently Irish water spaniels enjoy water even if it is frozen!What fun.