Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Twist Collective

Twist Collective is an online knitting magazine. It is free, and if you see a pattern you like, you can buy the pattern online. You can pay with a credit card or (if you have set up a PayPal account linked to your bank) you can pay with an e-check. I think the idea is fantastic. I like buying knit magazines, but then I feel a sort of obligation to make something from the issue since I paid for it. But, anyone who knows me knows that this is ridiculous since I already have more projects in mind than I can really ever make. So buying a knitting magazine is like an obligation that I probably can't fulfill. So Twist Collective is great. I can look. I can ooh and aaahh. I can even think about what I am going to make. But I only incur the obligation if I take the next step and click the pattern into my shopping cart!

I also think the patterns are really great. They seem a little fresher or livelier than many of the other patterns I have seen in magazines, but maybe it is just the pictures. Click here for an example of something I am very close to buying! From there you can see the rest of the magazine, too. There are some cute things in here, so if your project list is already too long, click at your own risk!

No comments: