Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Busy Weekend

I need to go back to work so I can rest!

Yesterday was a day of waging war on weeds. And actually that was only one thing on a fairly long list--bathe dogs, get new dog beds at Costco, among others. Today was a 12 mile day. So I was out at 8:30 to the park to walk 5 miles of hills before meeting friends for an additional 7 miles. A little break while we ate at our usual after walk Sunday spot. Then home to do more weeding with a hoe.

My reason was that I heard at lunch that it is supposed to rain again this week. So I wanted to get at as many more of the mallow weed seedlings out as I could. I also wanted to get my seeds planted. I had a package of CA wildflowers, a package of mixed color CA poppies, a package of annual lupine, and some perennial lupine seeds that I had picked late last summer on a walk in the coastal scrub of the nearby hills. Once all the seeds were planted I headed inside. El Esposo had asked me to wash woodwork in the entry and in the dressing room upstairs. I got the entry woodwork done. Then I suddenly ran out of energy! But I did manage to scrub the shower floor after I got out of the shower.

Now I am immobile on the couch! I was planning to do some weaving tonight but I may not get up. Oh wait...I guess I will have to get up, the dog is still outside and the chickens are free ranging. Guess I better go close the chickens in since the sun has set. And I'm sure Tap wants to come back in.

3 comments:

Betty said...

I am so impressed with all you do. While others pigged out and watched the Superbowl, you walked 12 miles. It is birthday month so guess I can say "Go Old People" :) Just kidding. I noticed the bear areas too but I am a kinder Libra. Ha Ha

Anonymous said...

Dogs ans chickens and bears Oh My!Now if only you could train them to get the weeds out.WOW all the favas we will have. I look at it as more seeds for next year. They are so great when all else is dormant.

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

Kelly, You make me tired, and envious of all you can get done in a day. I feel like a slouch!