Thursday, February 19, 2009

Garden Update

Here is another slide show. These are pictures of the garden that I took just before the last rain storm. Now it is sunny again and I hope the combination of sun and rain start a growth spurt! To see information about what these pictures are, click on the show info link up in the upper right of the screen once the slide show starts.



The Town Mouse Country Mouse website had a bunch of garden pictures recently (click here to see it) and they showed many of the native plants that I have--but their's are much more established. Fuschia flowering gooseberry, pink currant (I have no pictures of these since mine are still sticks that haven't leafed out yet) California lilac (ceanothus). They also have many others that I aspire to have. I wish the native plant nursery was closer. There is one that is about 40 minutes away, but it is only open to the public on Friday. I have bought some natives at local nurseries, but the selection is pretty limited. Right now I am coveting a silk tassel bush. There are several along a stretch of public land where I walk and they are beautiful.

2 comments:

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

WOW, your garden looks like spring is here!

Anonymous said...

Where there is life there is HOPE