Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New project

I am making the "Almost Saintly Socks" pattern. I haven't taken a picture so you will have to just look at the pattern from the link above. They are a fun pattern although they have many passing stitches over other stitches that is time consuming and requires a really pointy needle. I really like all the holes. I am just using one color of yarn (it is variegated though) rather than the two colors. Also, I think that I won't make the holes on the foot. I think they would be a little lumpy and uncomfortable inside of shoes. I think I will make the foot plain. Also, once I got the top loops done and a few rows of holes, I thought, "this would make a really cute sleeve cuff for an otherwise plain sweater. Then I started thinking that they would be really cute as the bottom of leg warmers (i. e. socks without feet) that you could wear under a long skirt. Little cute and funky lacy things peeking out from under a skirt. What fun!

Speaking of fun and funky, stay tuned for a fun and funky surprise tomorrow evening!

I also have to post about the garden show and the newest developments in the yard but I don't feel like downloading pictures just now, so it will just have to wait.

2 comments:

Mia's Classroom said...

Those socks are so cute! I was thinking the same thing about the edging, but I was thinking it would be cute as a 'kerchief', maybe worked as a triangle with the edging (even with the holes!) and then worn over my hair....possibly as I ride my bike....home from the library with my bike basket full of books. *cough* Or something.

Anonymous said...

Fun and Funky! YESS!!!