A few things that I haven't posted yet...
The gorgeous bouquet I got for my anniversary! The vase was one we already had. (During the Olympics in Greece we had a Greek Dinner with our neighbors and El Esposo went to the florist for a Greek arrangement. It came in this urn/vase. How clever was that?!) This time he once again asked for a Greek arrangement to match the vase. I love it!

Fava bean mania!

Notice that they are in both the main dish and the salad! The main dish is Fava Beans with Sautéed Sweet Onions. Here it is served with chicken over brown rice, but it can be used as a side dish or with fish according to the recipe. Slice a sweet onion into half circle rings and sauté briefly in butter. Add a little stock (half a cup or so) and some fresh thyme (we only had dried) and stew briefly until the onions are as soft as you like. fold in some shelled, blanched, and skinned favas. (Recall that they are labor intensive! The recipe says to get your family involved in the shelling and then, after blanching, the popping out of the skins. O K...) Anyway, the recipe was great and between the two dishes, plus the fava vinegrette salad from the night before, we used another big bowl of fava beans. I think I will only be able to get one more harvest before they are done and ready to become seeds rather than food. The plants are yellowing and drying up and so are many of the pods. They are a spring vegetable so I guess this means we are leaving spring and moving into summer!!!!
Finally, and appropriately for a Friday and the first blush of summer, ...

Just hangin' out, starting his weekend early, is this dragonfly! EE noticed him on the fence and got this great photo. For some reason dragonflies symbolize lazy summer days and that is what I am headed toward! Hooray! Only finals left to go!!!
1 comment:
The flower arrangement is beautiful and so is the table runner. Crazy, but seeing it reminded me that I have never thanked you for the beautiful shrug. I was determined to take a picture of me all dressed up and wearing it. As you can see, I don't get dressed up too often. We're going on a cruise later this year, and I can hardly wait to wear it. I LOVE IT!
Post a Comment