Patio is poured and curing! I don't have a picture, but it pretty much looks like the last one except tidier since there are no cracks. The Rosemary is gone from along the wall--the cement goes right up to the edge. And is should drain into the corner by the gate post. We also added cement to a section of the front driveway under the breakfast room window. It was a 6 inch wide planting bed edged by bricks. Under the overhang of the roof, it didn't get much water and I had not been successful at getting things to grow there. Three struggling Mexican Heather from mom were removed and will be used on the other side of the driveway in the area I call the "Bird Spa." It has three birdbaths and two feeders and has been planted with plants that the hummingbirds really like.
The sheet metal guy is coming to take measurements for the flashings, etc. that need to go over the molding and then, I think, we will be ready for paint on the back side of the house. It looks white, now, but that's just the new stucco/plaster. Cable has been installed and the new phone line has been working for awhile. An old phone line problem was fixed as well. Last week, we used pipe marking paint to mark out the outlines of the new planting beds and traffic patterns. One of the old throughways was eliminated with the addition and a planting bed that had contained roses and a large mirror plant was sacrificed in the process of laying electrical trench.
It's gonna be fun!
3 comments:
I'm checking back Saturday afternoon and ... EE
Sorry EE, trying to figure out how to get Karen's video to be editable on my computer. No luck this morning and it was way too beautiful to sit inside on the computer. Check out three sisters for the still version!
I checked also???
Post a Comment