Last year El Esposo planted a few poppies there and I put a couple of tomato plants there. A couple of the poppies had stayed all year and others were coming up from seed. We bought a few festuca grasses and I planted little sprigs of blue eyed grass that I got at the native garden tour. Here it is in mid April.
Now, a month later the blue eyed grass sprigs are starting to send up new green shoots, the festuca is looking a little more established and the poppies are going crazy! The new title photo is looking up toward the lawn from the "meadow." Here are more pictures from a few different angles, including one that is like an "after" photo of the one above. You can see the festuca grasses, but you can't see the blue eyed grass sprigs. They are too small and are in amongst the poppies.
There is just something happy about California poppies! I feel the same way about bumble bees. They always make me smile. So it is even nicer that they go together so well!
2 comments:
Dennis has Poppie ENVY!!!
I just love them!! Even more than poppies, I love the bumble bees. They are so fat and furry and cuddly looking! And they role around so clumsily in the poppy flowers, but with so much purpose.
Post a Comment