Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On a lighter note!

The Aunt posted some of these on Saturday. But in case you didn't see them....here we are...

The DVD is going on the big screen behind us. Donna (Meryl Streep) is moaning about her promiscuity as a young girl and her friends are trying to get her to remember the good things about her younger days as "El Rock Chick Supremo."
"You can dance, you can jive...
Having the time of your life, oooooooooh
See that girl, watch that scene, Diggin' the dancing queen. . . .
...With a little rock music, everything is fine, you're in the mood for a dance....
More pictures taken by someone from work:



I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! And I never would have guessed how much I love singing with a microphone!! I could do a dance routine to every single song!!! But this one took a week and a half of practice. Calculus lesson preparation and grading took a back seat to "step, over, back, step" and "pull, step, circle, hip." I'd have to quit my day job if I wanted to do more dance routines! The Aunt says we should take the show on the road to nursing homes--it would be a waste if we only performed it that one time!

The other talent at the show was fun, too. Some really talented people and some hilarious people! We raised over $450. Not as much as last year, but last year it was our only fundraiser. This year we have also had a $435 bake sale and there are penny wars that ended yesterday that were hard core, serious competition. (Pennies are positive points, silver and paper are negative points so offices were all sabotaging each other like crazy!)

I'm still going to get a video clip of our act. It just wasn't as easy as I thought and the video camera belongs to a friend who doesn't post online. So I have to look at her instructions. The format of the video that she took isn't the format that I can post, apparently. I'm sure there is an easy way to convert it from the dvd to a "postable" clip, I just don't know it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be catchy because I have been whistling the tune at work for the past few days. EE

Marsha Fuesel said...

OMG! The boots have a personality of their own. Can't wait for the video.