Thursday, May 21, 2009

Why I have been married 25 years...

Yesterday! Our 25th wedding anniversary. I like the way this song (Easy Silence by the Dixie Chicks) says it best.

"Breathe in sanctuary in the
Easy silence that you make for me
It's okay when there's nothing more to say to me
And the peaceful quiet you create for me
And the way you keep the world at bay for me
The way you keep the world at bay."

Thanks El Esposo for the easy silence and the way you keep the world at bay for me.

4 comments:

Marsha Fuesel said...

Happy Anniversary Kelly and Robert. I know where I was 25 years ago yesterday and how much fun we had with graduation in the morning and the wedding in the afternoon. I also know where I was 25 years ago today: taking Kelly on her honeymoon through the Blue Mountains with Dave while Robert headed to Cheney for finals! Good times. Cheers and blessings to you both!

Kelly said...

How could all that have been 25 years ago? It's a trick I tell you!

Mia's Classroom said...

True love! I'm so lucky that I've been able to spend more time with you both, in the last few years, because I get to witness first hand this sweet connection.

Wait! 25 years! That's a silver? Am I wrong? It seems like a big one! Want to hear something funny? When my parents had their 20th wedding anniversary...*I* threw them a surprise party! I know! It was the year I graduated from high school. It was the same year we threw them an 'over the hill' party. They were turning 40.

Ha!

Anonymous said...

25 Years! I thought it was due to working weekends all the time. Also, I still can't believe my professor wouldn't reschedule my exam. No wonder she wasn't married... EE