Also, a dog update. (Skip to next paragraph if you are squeamish or you are eating!) Ruedy had her stitches redone. However, the vet said she was healing well and it would have been ok! Yikes, not for me. I couldn't stand looking at the open wounds while having to bathe them in iodine. I guess it is just hard for a non medical person to look at flesh and think it is healthy! I'm not really squeamish, but it just looks wrong. Wounds are supposed to be stitched up with flesh not showing! She has more of all the antibiotics and more of the tranquilizers, plus cream for after the hot iodine compresses three times a day. I SOOOOOO know why I didn't become a nurse (veterinary or otherwise)!!!
Ok, now for some pictures. The new picture in the banner is a corner of the planting bed we call the "dog bone." I love the verbascum (tall yellow spikes) and so do the bumbles. They also love the penstamon (lavender on left) but it is in the last phase of flowering. Next they will have the romneya (white flowers on the tall fried egg poppy in the back) as it is just starting to bloom.
These are the pictures of the anniversary trip to Sutter Inn that I promised a couple weeks ago. It was a great time and the grounds were so pretty and peaceful.
I think you can see why we had such a good time. The private patio was nice, but the rest of the grounds were also a great place to just sit and read or knit. With temps in the 80s it was so nice to bask in the sun or take cover in the shade, depending on the time of day.
2 comments:
Kelly, I looked at the pictures on your blog before reading the text. I was ready to make a quick trip just to sit in your yard. After reading, I'm ready to go to Sutter Inn.
Ha! I can't wait until my yard is that well developed! But feel free to make a visit anyway!!
Post a Comment