Saturday, June 20, 2009

Quick Update

Home from Relay for Life. The Aunt and I stayed up all night (with the exception of a few minutes drifting off in the chair in the middle of the cold, cold, night)! I didn't walk as much as I have in years past, but had a good time visiting in the tent. Despite feeling as though I hardly walked, my feet are currently telling me a different message! The potluck last night was a huge success with lots of people and left over food. Got home this afternoon about 1:30, took a shower to warm up and get the purple gel out of my hair, and collapsed until about 9 tonight. Dinner, a quick check of the email and back to bed for me! A successful Relay!

One really great addition to the weekend was that because I was introduced and spoke at the opening ceremonies, two students from the past (one from the very start of my career 20 years ago) sought me out at our tent to say hi and thank me for my teaching. That is a rare and wonderful occurence!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Great Year and lots of work made Hartnell super supporters of a worthwhile cause. After around the clock skeeping, I am ready to think about next year.

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

GREAT JOB! Congratulations to you and all the participants.