Friday, July 3, 2009

The Arrival of the Seattle Contingent

This evening we pick up the Seattle crew at the airport. They will be here for a week so there may be very few postings. Then again, I may grab time to put up some pictures. I have quite a few things I haven't posted pictures about--relay, the eco-lawn, vegetable garden, etc--and the visit will mean even more pictures.

We have some plans for the week already. A baseball game, a trip to Ohmega Salvage and a meal at Chez Panisse in Berkeley, and of course, taking the dogs to Carmel Beach and then out to lunch at the Forge in the Forest dog patio!

And now, I'm off to water the yard! Contrary to predictions, it looks like it will be a beautiful day!

5 comments:

GRANDMA SPEAKING said...

Kelly, If you're going to Berkeley, you might like to stop at Urban Or (I think that's what it's called). Jen knows the directions and Aunt Betty has her phone #. It's an experience!

Mia's Classroom said...

Oh yes! Urban Ore is a wonderland of recycled and repurposed treasures, for sure! It's on Ashby near San Pablo Ave. Oh my, I drive by it all the time but now I'm just going to have to make it a point to stop in.

Great suggestion Pat! Kelly will love it. They're open every day, and it seems (at least) that they're open all the time. (None of those funky 'close at 4 o'clock' hours you sometimes see!)

Anonymous said...

Say hi for us and have a great week.T and I have been talking about going to Chez P forever!!!

Tristen said...

Jealous you're going to Chez Panisse! Can't believe I live in Berk and still have not been there, but yes, Grandma, Paha and I will definitely make a date to go this fall! -T

Anonymous said...

hey I have been wanting to go to Chez Panisse forever! lol, she is the lady from my cookbook that I couldn't stop talking about, it is just Tristen's good fortune that she is going to school in that same city, lol. Let me know how it is though :)